If you are a parent, potty training is something that you will need to think about at some point. Here is a conversation that I had with my friend, Becky, who has trained all of her 14 children this way (If you are interested in listening to how Becky and her husband were called to have 14 children you can listen to that podcast here). It really does work. Potty training doesn’t need to be stressful. We have used this method with Cade, Ella and Addie as well.
Here’s a quick synopsis of some of what Becky shared about Potty Training:
- Start around 2 years old.
- Commit 3-5 days to be home and focus on potty training.
- Give the toddler lots of liquids to drink on day 1.
- Use underwear or cotton training pants.
- Read books, sing songs do finger plays with your child while they are on the potty (keep it fun and positive).
One thing that we didn’t mention in the video is that once you decide to start this the only time that your child would use a Pull-Up is at naptime and bedtime. It may take some time before they are dry during these times. Otherwise it will be cotton training pants or underwear:).
Blessings to you and your toddler,